Re: [Phys-l] metaphysics

Joel wrote:
So as far as I'm concerned, by all means, bring up metaphysical topics
on this list.

In Feynman Lectures, Vol I, 15-7, Feynman mentioned *the "real" distance measured*. I believe Feynman has good taste in using the quotation mark. It is also legitimate for physics students, with good taste, to ask why Feynman prefers "real" instead of real.

We need not go deep into metaphysics, but we can at least explain that space and time are arbitrary defined just like electric field and magnetic field. Our students may hunger for more...

Alphonsus