[Phys-l] Picking Thermo Book - Help requested

Hi,

My college is adding a course on Thermo and Statistical Mechanics to its curriculum, and I drew the short straw. Can anyone share success (or problems) you've had with texts for such a course? I last studied thermo 40 years ago, so the text with which I was familiar is clearly outdated.

Thanks for any insights/advice you have to share. Feel free to reply either to the list or to me separately.

John