[Phys-l] Propriosense and weight. Was: Re: g...

"Similar your proprioception tells you the force impressed on you by the scale or elevator or whatever. These forces may or may not have anything to do with mg i.e. weight."

I often experience weightlessness, at least that is my interpretation. I've never discussed this w/ anyone, but I think I've read it's quite common, but w/o an interpretation. Soon after falling (Note the metaphor.) asleep I'll awake w/ a shudder. and then fall asleep quickly 'till whenever. After doing this a jillion times, I decided it was due to my being not asleep enuff to be not aware that the bed was not pushing me up, i.e. I was falling because my propriosensors were no longer "connected" to my brain, but I was awake enuff to sense this.

What say you?

bc, writes w/ awkward construction.