Re: [Phys-l] Weightless

Hi all-
Rick implicitly poses a question that Newton might actually have considered. What would be the weight of a person sitting on the moon?
And, pursuing the question a bit further, what would that weight be if the size and mass of the moon shrank almost to zeor (leaving enough to hold the space traveller).
Regards,
Jack