Re: [Phys-l] g...

Actually it is suitable for both. It is Minds on Physics published by
Kendall Hunt
http://umperg.physics.umass.edu/resources/mop
For conceptual students you would not use the penultimate activities in each
unit. It is 6 books in paperback which form a complete series of activities
with the reader in the back of the book. Unfortunately the sample
activities are no longer available, but if you wish I can send a couple that
used to be on the Web.

There are certainly things that I would change such as the use of change of
energy in the bar charts. That is far too difficult, and just bar charts of
amount of energy are much better.

I have looked at Hewitt and not found his text to be as good.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

John,

Would you be kind enough to send me some more info on the U Mass book?
I'm considering a change of text for our introductory (college prep,
but not honors) high school physics course, and am leaning toward
Hewitt's Conceptual Physics. Would the U Mass book be appropriate for
this group?

Bob Yeend
Justin-Siena H.S.
Napa, CA