From: Jeffrey Schnick<mailto:JSchnick@Anselm.Edu>
To: Forum for Physics Educators<mailto:phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] g...

I use the field point of view in introducing g. I use the symbol g to
represent the magnitude of the gravitational field and state that near
the surface of the earth, it has a value of 9.80 N/kg. I use the symbol
a_g (a with subscript g) to represent the acceleration of an object in
freefall near the surface of the earth and state that it has a magnitude