[Original Message]
From: Scott Goelzer <s.goelzer@comcast.net>

In the state of NH, I had to sign a loyalty oath (1986) to get my
first teachers license.
The short version is I swore not to promote communism in the classroom.
It seemed ok at the time since I did not know any communist physics.

from BC
Oh my s***! "The following may be cause for suspension without pay:
... active membership in the communist [n.b. lower case]
party, ...."