Re: [Phys-l] momentum and energy

Classically (N) p^2/2m = (identically) m^2* V^2 / 2 m Am I crazy?

If not, then, lim: m => inf. (with v non zero*) E => . not zero

* Which I think agrees w/ jsd == i.e. "you will find that V makes a negligible contribution to the golf ball velocity, but a nontrivial contribution to the conservation law."

Negligible is not zero?

___

bc, missing something?

John Denker wrote:

Al Bachman wrote:

The kinetic energy of an object (treated as a particle) can be written as (p^2)/(2M),

E goes to 0 as M approaches infinity.