[Phys-l] Basic statistics

I do not recall what motivated me. But I wrote a short essay on basic statistics. Retired teachers like teaching. In any case, this essay is now at:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/basicstat.html

Comments will be appreciated, especially if something is wrong. I will be happy to correct mistake or add something that should be added. Keep in mind, however, that a short essay is not a textbook.
P.S.
The Greek symbol delta (capital), in my htnl code, is Δ . And it does the job, at least with my browser. But the code µ that was expected to produce the Greek letter mu did not work. I do not know why. So I just typed mu. Little help with html coding for Greek symbols will be appreciated, preferably in the form of examples that are known to work on most browsers.

PPS
Even if you do not care about my essay, do not miss the URL for a great statistical calculator that can be used over the Internet. It is much more convenient than z and t distributions tables. Try it at:

http://math.uc.edu/~brycw/classes/148/tables.htm

Ludwik Kowalski
Let the perfect not be the enemy of the good.