Re: [Phys-l] question about coupled oscillators

On 11/08/2006 12:44 PM, Carl Mungan wrote:

.... I want an example of a system of coupled oscillators,
as simple as possible, where the relative phases between oscillators
in a normal mode are neither 0 nor pi. All the usual textbook
examples I can think only have in-phase or exactly-out-of-phase
relative motions of the oscillators.

Uhhh, what's wrong with the 2p+ eigenmode, as previously offered?

It seems to meet all the stated requirements.