Re: [Phys-l] Conferences for HS Physics Teachers

On Nov 7, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Chris Crowell wrote:
There's actually an "Institute for First Year Physics Teachers" that I did 12 years ago that I believe is still up and running, through either UB or Buffalo State. I use many of the demos and labs I got there today. Extremely useful, if its still around.

Chris Crowell
Science Teacher/Dept. Chair
Brockport HS
40 Allen Street
Brockport, NY 14420
ccrowell@bcs1.org
585-637-1870 ext.7205

bracken5@columbus.rr.com 11/6/2006 7:47 PM >>>

As a new HS physics teacher, I'm wondering if there are any highly
recommended national summer conferences that run for one-week. I'm aware
of the popular week-long AP workshops that the College Board offers, but
that is not what I'm seeking.

That's called PHY510 these days, part of our summer physics academy described at
<http://physicsed.buffalostate.edu/programs/index.html>
Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>