[Phys-l] Cosmic background radiation

Hi folks!

I teach 9th grade physical science. We are getting ready to discuss the Big Bang Theory and I was wondering if someone could explain to me just how the cosmic background radiation is supporting evidence? I know that the fact it is constant throughout the universe is the key, but I'm foggy on just how this provides supporting evidence for the Big Bang.

Thanks! (I have great lab activities showing red shift, etc.)

Leanna B. Aker
Science Teacher
Columbia Junior High School
253-517-1600 X27210