Re: [Phys-l] feeling gravity, or not

At 10:57 -0400 on 10/28/06, John Denker wrote concerning [Phys-l] feeling gravity, or not :
On 10/27/2006 04:31 PM, Edmiston, Mike wrote:?

I say there is distortion and I say I feel gravity. I
realize if you put me in free fall the sensation is different. So what?

I'll tell you what. Thereby hangs the entire tale. See below.

If you stand me on earth and turn off gravity that will feel different
also. That is, if there were a gravity switch, and you strapped me to a
chair bolted to earth, and then you turn gravity on and off, I could
sense the difference between off and on. And I wouldn't only sense the
difference in my butt. I would sense it all over.

That claim is implausible and unsubstantiated. In other words, PbBA.

Is there any physics principle or equation that supports this claim?

Let's call it a 'gut feeling'.
Your innards will shift up and down as the gravitational field is turned off and on.

Perhaps this is a 'non-local' feeling.

'Non-local' seems to be at the heart of clearing up many of these 'paradoxical' questions.

No physics principle or equation - just a gut feeling.