Re: [Phys-l] "filling" the space in an atom

Hi Brian-
I think not. See the introductory remarks in the reference I gave you.
Jack

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Brian Whatcott wrote:

At 08:42 PM 10/25/2006, Jack you wrote:
Hi all-
I agree with most of this, except the concluding paragraphs. I
claim the it is impossible to conceive of an experiment that identifies
an empty spot between atoms (or, "near" an atom). See, incidentally,
Gert Roepstorff and J. L. Uretsky,
Phys. Rev. 152, 1213-1218 (1966)
Regards,
Jack

Though I admit to a certain difficulty with the interior space
of atoms, where perhaps particle ballistics shed metaphorical light,
the space between atoms has been well visualized instrumentally
has it not?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!