Re: [Phys-l] "filling" the space in an atom

Now I recall that Feynman did play around with the
| idea that there was only one electron that could be anyplace
| AND anytime and thus helped produce all matter, but that is
| equivalent to the idea that each electron is a complete
| universe made up of electrons that also are complete
| universes--etc. Fun, but pointless. ;-)

It was Wheeler that came up with the idea; which he bounced off of
Feynman. The statement often quoted; perhaps a tad apochraphal is: (my
paraphrase)

"hey Feynman, I figured out why all electrons have the same mass and
charge; its because they are all the same electron"