Re: [Phys-l] "filling" the space in an atom

At 06:48 AM 10/26/2006, Todd Pedlar wrote:

> Though I admit to a certain difficulty with the interior space
> of atoms, where perhaps particle ballistics shed metaphorical light,
> the space between atoms has been well visualized instrumentally
> has it not?

I presume what you're referring to is the atomic force microscope or
electron microscope images that show individual atoms on surfaces...
or perhaps x-ray diffraction images that show the presence of scattering
centers.

In the first case, you're seeing the
Todd K. Pedlar

I noted your velocity, Todd, but the moment of your note was unclear.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!