Re: [Phys-l] "filling" the space in an atom

Hi all-
I agree with most of this, except the concluding paragraphs. I claim the it is impossible to conceive of an experiment that identifies an empty spot between atoms (or, "near" an atom). See, incidentally,
Gert Roepstorff and J. L. Uretsky,
Phys. Rev. 152, 1213-1218 (1966)
Regards,
Jack