Re: [Phys-l] Video Encyclopedia of Physics Demos (ownership)

At 17:48 -0500 10/18/06, Rauber, Joel wrote:

But does Hugh's Hacking a portion into a power point presentation
(assuming used for teaching a class for the moment) constitute "fair
use", if he is doing it for the classroom?

That wasn't me. That was Bob's hack. I think it was a good idea, and I also think what he did fits in the fair use provisions, as long as he doesn't make further copies of the clips, or sell them, and they are used in his classes.

Hugh

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>
<mailto:hhaskell@mindspring.com>

(919) 467-7610

When you are arguing with a stupid person, it is a good idea to make sure that
person isn't doing the same thing.
Anonymous