[Phys-l] Video Encyclopedia of Physics Demos

A question from a new physics teacher....

Does anyone have any thoughts (good, bad, neutral) regarding the multi-DVD set called "The Video Encyclopedia of Physics Demos" ? The website says that the entire series will cost $3,000.

I have also seen bits of the Paul Hewitt lectures that can be purchased. It looks like Hewitt's would be cheaper, but perhaps not as exhaustive as the demos contained in the Encyclopedia series.

My goal is to see these different demos, construct the equipment, and then perform the demos in the classroom.

I don't know if our school would purchase these, but it would be great to know if one set is better.

Thanks in Advance,

Jeff Bracken
bracken5@columbus.rr.com
Physics & Chemistry Teacher