Re: [Phys-l] modern physics text

NPS uses (used?) Thornton and Rex It claims suitable for the year after a year calc. intro. Physics course. I agree.

I prefer Fundamentals of Modern Physics (Eisberg), but out of print. His, + Resnick, Quantum Physics, etc. is too specialized and prob. too advanced.

bc, former Eisberg thesis student of

Jerry Lisantti wrote:

I would like to get a recommendation from this list for a sophmore level Modern Physics text. This is a year long course. Thanks in advance