Re: [Phys-l] fun ill-posed questions

"... but I do now see that the
oil drops did not always carry unitary charges"

Rarely (only one) at least w/ the old Pasco app.

Furthermore, Millikan cheated and thru out the fractional ones., so rumour has it.

found:
http://www.physics.emich.edu/mthomsen/sege.htm

bc, intrigued by the "... quick-and-dirty first ..." vs. "... the conscientious second?"

p.s. I advised in the manual for the oil drop to not * use drops having more than about a dozen charges.

* intended.