Re: [Phys-l] Ballistics divertissement

Good point. And that reminds me that some energy from the charge is lost to friction and deformation of the bullet. This last factor reduces the recoil. Wouldn't it be ironic if my argument is correct. The result would be less recoil (linear) w/ a bullet!.

bc, who thinks this is another great science faire project and TPT article, and wonders if RZ is related to the Optics author.

Zajac, Richard wrote:

Doesn't the bullet leave the barrel with a certain angular momentum? Might
that cause a counter torque on the rifle that would be noticeably absent in
the case of a blank being fired?