Re: [Phys-l] not our majors now!

Rick brings up a legitimate point in my mind. A college course, say
physics, is about more than just understanding the physics material; and
naturally or even inevitably a grade is more than an indicator of that
understanding. The course and the grade are also about responsibility,
work habits, ability to follow instructions, etc. I think this is how
it should be and consider to inevitably about this as well. There is no
need to shy away from this fact.

Certainly as a prospective employer, or next level of education,
educator; I realize this and expect it when looking at transcripts;
indeed it is likely that I consider these "intangibles" (or
meta-lessons, the lessons that are beyond the subject matter of the
course) to be about as important as the course material.

Joel R.