Re: [Phys-l] not our majors now!

Krishna said in part:

| Even worse. I went to Google, typed in physics homework
| solutions. Third
| hit:
|
| http://www.solutionarchive.org/

I forgot that site!

I would implore all instructors to either not post solutions on line or
at least password protect them and then remove them when the course is
over. This won't totally solve the problem by any means, as students
can download and then post themselves, but it would help.

Later Krishna stated:

"I feel that this must always have been a problem. Fraternities are the
most common example, but plenty of student groups have solution files of
homeworks and exams."

I think the ease with which the internet allows you to access the whole
world's solution files makes the problem incomparably different, as you
say, an order or magnitude greater.

Yea, when I was at school the fraternities had files, but there weren't
too many with upper division physics courses in them!