Re: [Phys-l] not our majors now!

Mike says

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l->bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Monce,
Michael N.
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 2:21 PM
[snip]
but if they have a solution manual, like I suspect,

Of course, one way around that situation is to use problems from a
different text (don't tell them where you get your problems!) or to
write your own. The problems with back-of-the-book answers could be
assigned as drill and practice, with the "real problems" assigned for
grades.

I recognize that even this model is imperfect ... students who are
trying to get answers rather than solving the problems themselves are
probably capable of finding the answers on-line.

"I was a Republican until they lost their minds."
-- Charles Barkley

Dr. George Spagna
Chair, Physics Department
Randolph-Macon College