Re: [Phys-l] teaching energy

John D. wrote in part:

| ===========================
|
| People who are not interested in details can stop reading now.
|
| ===========================
|
| Returning to item (A): Local conservation of energy
| _requires_ that there be energy residing in the field, and
| flowing via the field, as we can see from the following argument.

<snip>

Count me in as someone interested in the details. I snipped most of
what follows as I have no quibbles.

OTOH, I'm curious if you (John D. Or others) are familiar with the
Feynman/Wheeler paper from the 40's (I think), where they (as I
understand it, and I've never directly read the paper just have seen
some reference to it from time to time) build a consistant
"action-at-a-distance" theory of electro-magnetism, i.e. without fields.

I assume at the sacrifice of local conservation of energy??

Anybody on the list know what I'm referring to?