Re: [Phys-l] Notes and national character?

One can of course argue this, but the link shows a $100 note with Ben
Franklin. Technically this is an example of a scientist on US currency.
Of course, I doubt that he appears on the note because he was a
scientist; but no doubt because of his work in government and public
service, like every other personage on US currency and coins (are there
any counter examples? Off the top of my head I don't think of any, but
. . .)

Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu