Re: [Phys-l] Premed Requirements Commentary

This conversation just jogged my memory.

As it happens, some years ago a university official in Illinois was interested in the question: How important is physics to someone attending medical school? The issue at the time was whether or not to require physics for admission to medical school.

So they asked the current medical students if physics was important in their experience of medical school. The result was about 50-50, but the interesting part was that for the most part the students who thought it was important had not taken physics in college and those who didn't think it was important had.

By the way, I'm not sure I can find a reference for the study, its in my memory from a long time ago.

for what its worth,

joe

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Professor of Physics