Re: [Phys-l] Monte Carlo

Another Monte Carlo use found while googling Mie scattering WRT rainbows (physhare)

http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/halo/howwork.htm

bc finds rainbows are very complicated.

John Denker wrote:

Jeffrey Schnick wrote:

I set up a spreadsheet ... for doing
uncertainty propagation in the case of a function of up to six variables ... Monte Carlo.

Yup.

(Excel 2003 SP2--I haven't tested it with old versions of Excel)

I tried it with gnumeric under Linux. Works fine. I had to widen one of the
columns, and slide some of the small graphs so they didn't occlude each other.
Total hassle: about 4 seconds.

I suspect that in some versions of excel, users would need to make sure some
optional math extensions had been installed.

The spreadsheet is the file gaussEPv5.xls.zip at http://www.anselm.edu/internet/physics/cbphysics/math.html

cut