To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] gasoline

but ....?

I don't believe Sheron -- unless all his driving is highway below 65 mph

Our average is 42 and that's w/ ~ 1/2 freeway. Once I drove very
carefully 40 miles all but about 5 miles highway one and got 59 (</= 65).

bc, w/ over inflated tyres too!

Rick Tarara wrote:

The gasohol at 10% should not be responsible for the large mileage drop.
While the ethanol does have a lower energy content (70-80% of gasoline as I
remember), it is only 10% of the mixture. The actual drop in energy content
is only about 2% and that drop is compensated by the lower

cut