Re: [Phys-l] trimester course set-up

We have been on trimesters for years. Most 9th (Chemistry)and 10th grade (Biology) courses are year-long, and the trimester breaks mean little to them. A few years ago, we started teaching trimester courses in Physics. We currently offer 8 of these courses and students must opt for at least three of them (including Mechanics 1, the first course)over their junior and senior years. All the AP courses are year-long.
Skip

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu]On Behalf Of Mike
VanAntwerp
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:52 PM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu; CHEMED-L@MAILER.UWF.EDU
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] trimester course set-up

Our high school is currently planning on switching from semesters to
trimesters. We are going to be refiguring our bio, chem, and physics.
I am wondering if any other folks out there are on trimesters and if so,
how you have broken up the main units of these classes. Is it possible
to have stand alone courses or are they sequential? Any input is
appreciated.

Mike Van Antwerp
Biology W202
mvanantw@hpsk12.net