[Phys-l] software needed

I'm looking for some free/cheap sound analysis software for class this
year. The only necessary requirements are:
- record variable length samples from sound card
- show waveform with time scale, pref. with autoscaling capability
- FFT frequency spectrum generation

That's it! I find lots of stuff that's too expensive or has too many
features and too complicated an interface to unleash on 9th graders - I'm
really looking for a display something along the lines of LoggerPro from
Vernier.
thanks!
jg