[Phys-l] Reference needed

Hi all-
It seems to be well known among electrical engineers the the
correct matching termination for a lossless transmission circuit is a
resistance with value \sqrt{L/C}. Feynman derives this result in a model
of lumped L-C circuit elements (II-22-12), although he doesn't tell us
that he's really modeling a transmission line circuit. I'm looking for
the classical derivation of this result.
I will be discussing Feynman's derivation, which has generated some unnecessary controversy at the Feynman Festival at U. Md, starting on 8/25. The controversy arises from disbelief that a circuit of purely reactive elements can look resistive at low frequencies. The DC resistance of the circuit is just the termination value referred to above.
It doesn't seem to be in Jackson's or Schwinger's texts. If someone has a text on transmission lines, it might be there.
Regards,
Jack