Re: [Phys-l] Rocket Science (errata)

Errata.

Ack! I found some new typos in my last explanatory post.
In one equation I wrote:

L = m*r^2*(d[phi/dt))

But what I meant to write was:

L = m*r^2*(d[phi]/dt) .

[I had accidentally traded a ']' character for a ')' character
and put it on the wrong side of the '/dt'.]

Also, later on I wrote:

d[phi] = du/sqrt(C(u) .

But what I meant to write was:

d[phi] = du/sqrt(C(u)) .

[I had accidentally dropped a ')' character.]

Later I wrote:

I = Int{u_<, u_> | du/sqrt(C(u)} .

But what I meant to wrote was:

I = Int{u_<, u_> | du/sqrt(C(u))} .

[Again I dropped a ')' character.]

Later I wrote the sentence:

Since I represents a net angle change (in radians) for the orbiting
particle when it goes from apapsis to periapsis we see that its
value is dimensionless, but the integrand 1/sqrt(C(u) has the
dimension of length and the differential du has the dimension of
inverse length. ....

But in the 3rd line of that sentence the expression is supposed to be

1/sqrt(C(u))

[Again I dropped a ')' character.]

Likewise, later I wrote the integral:

I = Int{w_<, w_> | dw/sqrt(D(w)}

But what I meant to write was:

I = Int{w_<, w_> | dw/sqrt(D(w))}

[Again a dropped ')' character.]

Sorry about all the typos. I can never see them until *after* I
irrevokably send off a post.

David Bowman