Re: [Phys-l] Curious toy

Jeanne,

The link below shows a great Bernoulli-effect demonstration toy. I'll bet Arthur could make it ... maybe even us :-)

Cheers,

Rick

Richard E. Swanson, Ph.D.
Dean of Instruction
Physics Professor
Sandhills Community College, Pinehurst, NC 28374
swansonr@sandhills.edu (910) 695-3715

haar@physics.arizona.edu 7/12/2006 11:19:39 AM >>>
Hi,
The first web site on which I saw a picture of this toy and two
sentences describing it, used a flat-topped dowel, but had a link site
in my original post. The quick and dirty test unit which I made, also
had a flat topped dowel. The dowel pops out just fine. The only thing
that I have thought of, but have not tried is getting a tighter fit
between the dowel and the hole.

Thanks,
Roger

John Denker wrote:
Roger Haar wrote:

http://www.grand-illusions.com/toycollection/raketti/

The top of the dowel is flush with the top face of the block.

Forum for Physics Educators
Phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu