Re: [Phys-l] Strange attractors and reflectors

This site is FUN. Even my own teenagers liked it. They asked,
suspiciously, "Is this Physics?" The correct answer is always, "No!"
Then they played with it for a while and noticed some things about the
way the drops make full circles around the attractors sometimes but not
all the time.

I'll include it in a list of cool sites I give my students. I bet at
least one of my students comes up to tell me about this one.

I. I. Rabi was once asked if physics was fun. "Fun," he replied.
"Physics is not fun. It is satisfying on a deeper emotional level." My
high school students don't all have deeper emotional levels on which to
be satisfied. Fun's a good place to start.

Happy summer!

Jeff Weitz