Re: [Phys-l] Strange Attractors and Reflectors

I see a pretty good representation of bouncing in a grav. field and notice a bit of dissipation (independent of the two 'strange' attractors.)

I would suggest dragging the two attractor spots well away from the reflectors for starters.
Can you make a fountain?

How many bounces can you make?

Can you halt the 'flow'? (yes)

What do you notice to be different about the two surfaces of each reflector?

Bringing the attractors into the mix begs us to make 'stable' orbits. How stable?

Figure 8 orbits?

For the analytically inclined
(and I suspect that there might be one or two such folk on this list ;-))

Can 'we' determine whether this is an inverse square force?
Is it a 2D presentation of any significant 3D model?