Re: [Phys-l] cell phone lightning hazard?

I strongly suspect that this 'news' report is absolutely true (and damn near irrelevant yellow journalism)

Holding ANY piece of conductive material up-side your head during a thunderstorm will increase your chance of being struck by lightning.
I doubt that any thinking person can refute this claim.
But - scare tactics will always work on the great masses of people.

Bottomline - pure bullshit 'research', but perfectly true result.

Was someone paid big-bucks to reach this conclusion?
Or is someone trying to sell 'protection' or just trying to sell newspapers?

(Follow the Money - seems to still be relevant advice for many scenarios)