Re: [Phys-l] satellite dish controller

Spagna Jr., George wrote:
A student has "fried" the controller for the azimuth drive on our 3 m
radio telescope. It's a Uniden AST 7700 at - and we've not been
successful tracking down a replacement. Any leads welcome.

Uniden is a consumer-electronics company (as opposed to a
scientific instruments company).

I assume the whole rig started out as a satellite TV dish
controller, modified to use a rather larger dish. If that
basic architecture is OK with you, search for TV dish products
(as opposed to astronomy products). There's plenty of dish
drives on the market.