On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, fred bucheit wrote:

From: Jack Uretsky <jlu@hep.anl.gov>

>>" Argument by authority is not needed, and I see no reason to respect
such argument." Regards,<<

I'm not sure about that statement. For those of us who simply can not
understand the very sophisticated, complex, and abstract, information, what
choice do we have??? Yes, yes, yes, I abhor argument by authority. But at
some point we all must succumb to it from need...we can't all know and
understand everything. The really important thing is choosing your
"authority" with diligence.

Fred Bucheit

"Ours is the age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of
men who try to."
-- H. Mumford Jones