Re: [Phys-l] Global Warming

Yes, what choice. After one skims the arguments, and can't decide, then what else but to side w/ the authority. Remember, in at least our game, one becomes an authority from past success as judged by ones peers.

bc

fred bucheit wrote:

From: Jack Uretsky <jlu@hep.anl.gov>

>>" Argument by authority is not needed, and I see no reason to respect such argument." Regards,<<

I'm not sure about that statement. For those of us who simply can not understand the very sophisticated, complex, and abstract, information, what choice do we have??? Yes, yes, yes, I abhor argument by authority. But at some point we all must succumb to it from need...we can't all know and understand everything. The really important thing is choosing your "authority" with diligence.

Fred Bucheit

"Ours is the age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
-- H. Mumford Jones