[Phys-l] Do not toss your apple PowerBook P/S.

For thos w/ old PB P/Ss. They are well engineered [not the cable tho.] , when shorted work fine when short removed. I sold my first PB, a Ti 2001, to BIL. Yo-yo soon failed. I have an older new P/S [free yard sale] w/ wrong plug so thought to substitute. Fortunately, in determining connection (plug sleeve tip, etc.) to the cable after unsoldering from torn apart yo-yo, I found the cable/plug was shorted. So again fortunately checked the P/S; fine 24V. It took some doing to find the short in the strain relief of the plug.

From an apple list I find these P/S fail frequently, but no one mentioned what I discovered.

bc, if working, the repair cost 2X a new one! Tho next time will be much quicker.