[Phys-l] Salary and Jobs

I teach in Scotland and have been running my Physics department in a middle management capacity for 2 years at secondary level(11-18).

I am looking for a change in direction and would like to know how easy it would be to get an equivalent position within the US. I do not claim to know much about the US education system which is why i am posing this question.

At present i earn £40+K so would be looking for the exact british equvalent converted into USD.

I would also consider international schools based in the US but i have found little information on this.

Could anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance.

Paul