Re: [Phys-l] active learning needs a theory

Hi all-
By Josip's reasoning, human procreation could never have gotten started.
Regards,
Jack

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Josip Slisko wrote:

Hi all:

In order to have more "active learning" in and out of classroom, both
teachers and students need to know more about its theoretical basis. Even
the term "active learning" is a little bit problematic. Every learning,
even bad one, implies some kind of activity on the side of the learner.

It seems to me that a good place to start is to look at "self-regulated
learning" and what its main advocates, like Barry Zimmerman and Paul
Pinthrich, said about it.

Hoping this can help, I send my best wishes

Josip Slisko