Re: [Phys-l] Women Earn 46% of Undergraduate Math Degrees butRepresent Only 8% of Math Professors ??

What's been 'forced' on people is the expectation that one must live at a
level beyond the means of a single salary--pretty much regardless of how
high that single salary is. There IS a real problem at the lowest end of
the socio-economic spectrum, but there is also the problem that children
are produced by people who don't have the economic (and sometimes other)
means to raise them.

This is probably another topic where we should turn to the research--and I
have seen only a little--to see what it says about sending children--0-5
years old--off to day care versus full-time parental nurturing.

Rick [Wondering also who JC thinks is responsible for this care--the tax
payer?]

[Dealing with women in the workforce with statistics, is a prime example of
where we need to remember Mark Twain's musings on statistics. Probably the
best (and worst) that can be said is that it is getting better but is not
yet perfect.]