Re: [Phys-l] Learning differences (was: Unit Conversions (was Mass andEnergy))

The site that was cited in the previous post is probably not the best one
for dyslexia. The audioblox2000 site has a number of articles and claims
which do not seem to coincide with what I have read about the research. The
International Dyslexia Society is a much better site:
http://www.interdys.org

I would especially recommend the fact sheet pages. If you have access to a
library with a good video collection the video "How Difficult can this Be"
is one of the best introductions to the many ways students can be LD.
Currently there are brain scans which verify that diagnosed dyslexics and
ADD individuals have differences in structure.

So anyone who wishes to deny that these disabilities exists is sadly
misinformed. And yes, there are some unscrupulous parents who get a
diagnosis for their "normal" children to help them get ahead. But for every
one of these there are probably several legitimate cases that are never
diagnosed. These children often just drop out and disappear from education.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX