Re: [Phys-l] decibel dilemma

Does the fact that we aren't just adding power, but power as complex wave forms affect this argument?
Skip

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu]On Behalf Of Richard
Tarara
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 8:27 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] decibel dilemma

JD just posted what I was looking at--the power or intensity figures. One
could also look at the problem as each person providing 10,000 units and
then the approximation that has been made is that the actual intensity with
all the people should be 60.04 dB. Either way--9,900 units per person or
60.04 dB for the 'real' intensity takes care of the 1 person anomaly.

Rick