Re: [Phys-l] BEC

Jack,

Are you being serious here or is your tongue firmly in your cheek--hard to tell via this medium.

If we are not to at least provisionally trust the 'BEC theoretician' to answer BEC questions to the best of today's understanding, then what? Appeal to authority IS the way we come to know most of what we know. We have only a limited time (and expertise) to 'create for ourselves' from the vast array of knowledge we might wish to partake in.

Rick

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Uretsky" <jlu@hep.anl.gov>

Well, Terry, I guess your answer to my question is that you are not in
able to vouch for the accuracy of your friend's information. My inquiry
was in the spirit of the objections that have been made to the
unquestioning acceptance of authority - objections that have been made
eloquently by others on this net and, perhaps less eloquently, by myself.
Regards,
Jack