Re: [Phys-l] force +- momentum flow

There are figures of speech, as in, "His argument flowed smoothly", however, I somewhat agree w/ JG that such language should be used in English classes and carefully w/ the cognoscenti, i.e. not in intro. Physics. So JD's use (here) was OK.

bc, who was surprised at the time delay for JG's response, and, therefore, thinks he doesn't have an app. that signals when a msg. arrives containing flow*.

p.s. "Using such language in the _teaching_ of physics would be abominable." You mean, IS abominable?

Rauber, Joel wrote:

Should I take that as a "YES" ??

________________________ Joel Rauber Department of Physics - SDSU
Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu 605-688-4293