Re: [Phys-l] Ratings of US High Schools - my two cents

I'd like to see the study you mention, John. Do you remember where you saw it?
Skip

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu]On Behalf Of John M
Clement
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:55 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Ratings of US High Schools - my two cents

I think one will find that IB and AP courses correlate strongly with
the SES of the students, so basically wealthy schools will be rated
highly. A recent rating found that using test scores and factoring
out SES, private schools actually are not as good as public schools on
the average.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX